Friday, May 14, 2010

Love???



Just one simple question to begin this post, have you ever sat and thought, "What is Love":-) I am sure almost all of you must have atleast once... So what were your respective answers... Well here is an account of the answers I have got on different occassions when I have simply asked myself, What does love mean... :-)

Love, a feeling, an emotion, an expression, a dream, a smile, an ecstasy... so many words yet an experience difficult to put into words.I sit back and think…The most splendid and beautiful emotion of life, love. How do I define it? Is it even possible to define this emotion which is so magnificent, so wonderful?

I look around and think of someone, who first made me feel special or made me feel "loved". I dig deep down memory lane; I am reminded of the days when my mother's tender touch made me feel "loved". Her concern, her care, and the way she would be anxious for me every passing moment even when she was not around. Those evenings come to my mind when I desperately waited at the gate for my loving mum to come home from work. That was my emotion, my "expression of love" for her. Although back then I was too immature to understand this feeling.

Similar were the moments when my dad brought home toys and chocolates to see an unending joy and smile on my face. The way he pampered me, the way he got upset and he still does when a tear trickles down my eye.
Those were the very first and most memorable times of my life, when I realized that I am "special, I am dear to someone and someone "selflessly loves" me.

I move ahead and flip across the pages of the most cherished chapters of my life... A phase of life that belongs to the beautiful flowers, which brighten the garden of my life forever, flowers called friends. I close my eyes to remember the games we played together, the pranks, the parties, the unending gossips, calls till the wee hours of morning, the struggle for marks, bunking classes, writing on desks, crushes so exciting, getting wet in the rains... there is so much that comes to my mind. Emotions and moments are a part of the very core of my heart. A helping hand that is always there for me, some absolutely amazing people who are just a call away. They are an integral part of me with whom I share every secret, every thought, every joy, and every sorrow. They mean "love" to me.

As I go through some of the most special and pleasing pictures of my life, I realize that there have been so many people around who "love" me. I lie down, relax and try to look in future... A future that promises peace, serenity and again "love"... Love of that someone so so special, love that I have never experienced before, love so new in its meaning, so magnificent in its existence. In the mirror of future I see the one with whom I will walk by the coming years of my life, forever & ever, till death parts us. Someone whose presence gives my life new dreams, a new meaning, a new dimension. Someone who gives me moments that make life more beautiful than ever before. That "someone" also means "love" to me...

Family, Friends, people who know me, who get to know my emotions even before I express them, all of them "love" me. Love, a feeling that has so many shades to it, an emotion that can not be associated with one single person or one single event. Love, it is something that cannot be categorized. We love our parents, friends, siblings, girlfriend, boyfriend, fiancée... the list is endless.

Love is an emotion that two people share who know each other's mind and heart, by simply looking at the other person's very first facial expression. Love is a connection between two hearts. Love is something that can only be expressed by the warmth of eyes, joy of a smile, a tender touch. Love is beyond we express, beyond we feel, and beyond we see. Love is someone who stands with you in the darkest hour of your life.
Life is difficult, full of trials, obstacles, ups and the downs, fears, pains and sorrows...."Love" makes life beautiful and worth living....

Feel the feeling of love and smile till I login again :-)

12 comments:

shlabh said...

actually everything is love..i mean everything that gives u a "gud" feeling that is love..thats it...its bettr to not try to think too much about some topics.... and one of them certainly is love....

also..the last para has been vry well written.

Namita Kohli said...

Well said shlabh, may be its better not to ponder over some things in life... :-)
thanks for the appreciation..

Kamlesh said...

It all depends on us how we take the defination of LOVE....
But one thing is Sure....
Love is always directly proportional to Pain....
The more you love the more pain u will get.

No matter u love whom, mom, dad, brother, sister or someone so called "SPECIAL"

But Yes.. Love makes Life beautiful...
One cannot understand it unless feel it..

Hope to hear some more from your side...

Namita Kohli said...

Kamlesh,
Great inputs from your side...
Well, any kind of emotion can give you as much pain as it gives happiness... And so is true with love...

Kamlesh said...

Well I would say emotion is far more different than love.
Your take ?

Mahi said...

well- written!!! :)


do hv a luk....

http://nishu-neelam.blogspot.com/2010/02/aura-of-love.html

Namita Kohli said...

hey tara,
I think you have very beautifully put your thoughts in words...
But i think thats just one aspect of love... there are many more dimensions to it, with respect to different relations that we are either born with or we make as we grow and move ahead in life...

Namita Kohli said...

Wonderful point aman... I indeed missed that one... I know I am in love with pouring my thoughts out in pen and paper... The joy and peace writing gives me, cant be described..
Keep the inputs coming.. :-)

Unknown said...

well, i have tried a lot but still not have been able to understand the concept of "selfless love". i mean if u ponder on any emotion or any feeling considered as love then deep down to the core there is something for both the parties...for e.g if a person gives up something in any kind of relationship, even then the giver is getting the satisfaction of making the other person happy or content, so whatever he is working for a relationship, he is working for that feeling of satisfaction.
i just wonder if there are people, who will go to any extent to make a random stranger feel happy and not feel a great deal about it..

Namita Kohli said...

Varun,
The love between a parent and child is a perfect example of selfless love:-) Still I appreciate your point of view as well!!

Atul said...

Love is when everything else seems less important. Love is when you are ready to risk it all. Love is about finding that one thing/person you really care about, that one person who mean more than anything else to you.
Love is a beautiful feeling that makes you forget the sorrows, the pain, the regret and the hatred.
Its a priceless feeling, and everyone should live it once in their lifetime for it is that makes life seem beautiful..

Namita Kohli said...

Atul,
Some beautiful lines there from you...