Sunday, April 25, 2010

Deceptive Emotions..


Moving in the paths of life,
I came across a face,
chasing the dreams of life,
I noticed a smile,
as life ceased for a while...

Those innocent eyes and the infectious smile,
the charm so pleasing,
thoughts and words, all so amazing,
the genuineness of every expression,
emotions full of love and affection,
so true and tender in every action...

Oh! so unfortunate was the day, I met you,
something that I admired,
was just the appearance,
what lay ahead was a menace...

Appearances are deceptive, how true,
I realised when I met you,
someone who appeared so full of life,
was so hollow and empty inside,
never judge from the looks I learnt,
your gestures left my heart hurt...

Emotions and feelings I felt for me,
a friend forever, to be,
care and concern as far I could see,
a mere fantasy it was,
leaving behind harsh scars...

People come and go,
to move on is what I know,
blanking out the past,
carrying forward memories to treasure,
to come across some, is a nightmare,
to meet a few, is a pleasure,
to go on, move on,
be at peace in mind and heart, is life's art...

2 comments:

Namita Kohli said...

Don't worry its just a piece of fiction...:-)

Unknown said...

Nice poem..bt yaa, too heart wrenching..